X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

Where should we eat?l

Daily Life - Where should we eat?l
    Elementary

A: Do you two have any plans for the evening?
    B: We were thinking of checking out a restaurant in the neigbourhood. Do you have any suggestions?
    A: I know this really nice Italian place. The food is fantastic, and the decor is beautiful. I’d recommend giving it a try.
    C: Actually, I’m not all that crazy about Italian food; I’m in the mood for something a bit lighter.
    A: In that case, I know a great little bistro. They make a really tasty seafood platter; the fish is outstanding.
    B: It sounds fantastic, but I’m allergic to seafood, so. . .
    A: Okay, well, let me think. . . Oh, I know this great little place. It’s just a hole in the wall, but they do the most amazing sandwiches. You gotta give them a try.
    C: Ella, you took me there last time I visited, and I got food poisoning, remember?

Key Vocabulary

check out: Phrase - look at something that is attractive
    fantastic: Adjective - extremely good
    decor: Noun (singular) - decoration
    in the mood for: Phrase - have a desire for something or to do something
    light: Adjective - not heavy on stomach, easy to digest
    bistro: Noun (singular) - small, trendy restaurant or bar
    tasty: Adjective - delicious, tasting good
    outstanding: Adjective - excellent
    a hole in the wall: Phrase - a very small, usually cheap restaurant or bar
    food poisoning: Phrase - becoming sick because of bacteria in food

Supplementary Vocabulary

yummy: Adjective - tasting good
    crazy about: Phrase - like very much
    not fond of: Phrase - don't like (polite)
    enjoyable: Adjective - tasting good
    yum: Interjection - expression you use when you're enjoying food or drink

Download Audio

گر خسته ای بمان و اگر خواستی بدان: ما را تمام لذت هستی به جستجوست ...
    اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
    Linkedin Profile

نظر

New Year's Resolution

Daily Life - New Year's Resolution
      Elementary

A: So, did I tell you about my New Year’s resolution? I’ve decided to go on a diet.
      B: And you’re going to completely transform your eating habits, right?
      A: Exactly! I’m going to cut out all that junk I eat; no more chips, no more soda, no more fried food.
      B: I’ve heard this one before.
      A: But this time I’m going to stick to it. I really mean it! Trust me, Carol, I’m going to be a new man in one year’s time!
      B: Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
      A: Thanks, honey, that was a great meal. I’m stuffed. Do we have any chips left?

Key Vocabulary

diet: Noun (singular) - eating plan to help you lose weight
      transform: Verb - change
      cut out: Verb - remove, eliminate
      eating habits: Phrase - usual ways of behaving
      stick to: Verb - continue doing something
      wait and see: Phrase - remain in a state in which you expect something to happen, and see if it does
      stuffed: Adjective - fi lled with food; no longer hungry

Supplementary Vocabulary

calorie: Noun (singular) - unit of energy in food
      vegetarian: Noun (singular) - person who does not eat meat
      fast food: Noun (non count) - food that is prepared and served quickly (i.e. McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, etc.)
      work out: Verb - exercise at a gym
      lifestyle change: Phrase - change the way you live

Download Audio
      اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
      Linkedin Profile

نظر

Asking for Time Off

The Office - Asking for Time Off
        Elementary

A: Mr. McKenna, do you have a second? I need to talk to you about something.
        B: Sure, Liv, what can I do for you?
        A: Well, I was just wondering. . . you see, I know I’ve used up all my vacation days this year, but my sister is getting married, and the wedding is overseas, and, well. . .
        B: You wanna take some time off, is that right?
        A: Well, sir, I was just hoping that I might be able to take some unpaid leave this year.
        B: What dates are you planning on taking off? I’ll need at least two months notice, so that I can plan for your absence.
        A: I was thinking of taking off from September first until the thirtieth . Would you be okay with that?
        B: Well, I guess so.

Key Vocabulary

have a second: Phrase - have some time, not busy
        use up: Verb - take all of something
        overseas: Adjective - in an other country, across the ocean
        take some time off: Phrase - stop working for a short time
        notice: Noun (non count) - information that tells you about something or warns about something
        be okay with that: Phrase - agree
        unpaid leave: Phrase - time away from work that is not paid

Supplementary Vocabulary

take a leave of absence: Phrase - stay away from work for a long period of time, without getting paid
        sick leave: Noun (non count) - time away from work when sick
        personal leave: Noun (non count) - time away from work for personal reasons (i.e. doctor's appointment, etc.)
        maternity leave: Noun (non count) - time away from work for a mother to care for a new baby
        bank holiday: Noun (singular) - public holiday recognized by law (BrE)

Download Audio

Webitsa.com
        Linkedin Profile

نظر

Canceling an Appointment

The Office - Canceling an Appointment
          Elementary

A: Hello, Samantha speaking.
          B: Hi Samantha. This is Angela calling.
          A: Oh, hi Angela, what’s up?
          B: I’m just calling about our meeting today. I wonder, is it possible to reschedule our appointment in the
          afternoon? I have a bit of an emergency that I need to take care of.
          A: Let me see, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem...
          B: I’m really sorry, I hope it doesn’t inconvenience you too much, it’s just this thing came up, and ...
          A: Angela, you know what, I can’t make it to our meeting, either. Why don’t we postpone it to tomorrow afternoon at the same time?
          B: Sounds great. See you tomorrow.
          C: Angela..Angela, look up! See that lady over there who is trying on a red leather jacket? Isn’t that Samantha?
          B: What? No wonder she told me she couldn’t make it to the meeting, oh, no, I think she saw me...

Key Vocabulary

what’s up: Phrase - what is the matter
          reschedule: Verb - schedule something for a different time
          inconvenience: Verb - cause problem or trouble
          come up: Verb - occur in an unexpected way
          make it: Verb - come
          postpone: Verb - decide to do something at a later time
          no wonder: Phrase - not surprisingly

Supplementary Vocabulary

scheduling conflict: Noun (singular) - two or more appointments scheduled at the same time
          call off: Verb - cancel
          double-book: Verb - have two appointments or meetings at the same time
          push back: Phrase - move a meeting or appointment to a later time
          rain check: Phrase - a promise or offer to do something in the future that is not possible to do now

Download Audio

Webitsa.com
          Linkedin Profile

نظر

The Weekend - Foul!
            l

Elementary

A: Has the game started yet?
            B: Yeah, about 5 minutes ago.
            A: Who’s winning?
            B: The Bulls, of course!
            A: What! That wasn’t a foul! C’mon, ref!
            B: Don’t worry, Shaq always screws up free throws.
            A: You were right! He didn’t make the shot!
            B: That was a great shot! A three pointer, yeah!
            A: Did you see that? He traveled and the ref didn’t call it!
            B: This ref needs glasses. Hey ref, open your eyes! I can’t believe he didn’t see that!
            A: Okay... end of the first quarter... Alright, I’m gonna make a beer run.

Key Vocabulary

foul: common noun, singular - an act in sports that is against the rules
            referee: common noun, singular - person who makes sure that players act according to the rules in a game or sport (informal)
            screw up: verb - make a mistake
            free throw: common noun, plural - a chance to shoot the ball due to a foul made by the opponent
            make the shot: verb - successfully throw a ball toward a goal (sports)
            three pointer: common noun, singular - a shot that scores three points in a game
            travel: verb - take more steps with the basketball than the rule allows
            beer run: common noun, non variable - the act of quickly going to get beer

Supplementary Vocabulary

court: common noun, singular - place where basketball is played
            assist: common noun, singular - an action where the ball is passed that helps score a goal
            block: verb - put your body between an opposing player and the ball
            jump shot: common noun, singular - jump in the air and shoot the ball while
            rebound: verb - grab and control the ball after the other team missed a shot
            steal: verb - intercept a pass between two players of the opposite team

Download Audio

Webitsa.com
            Linkedin Profile

نظر

I'm Sorry, I Love You III

Daily Life - I'm Sorry, I Love You III
              Elementary

A: Steven! Where have you been? I’ve been trying to get a hold of you for hours!
              B: I... um... there was an emergency at work, so...
              A: I was waiting for you in the restaurant for three hours! And you didn’t even have the decency to call me! Do you have any idea how embarrassed I was?
              B: Honey, I promise this won’t happen again, it’s just that I...
              A: Yeah, right. I’ve heard it all before. I’m not going to take any more of your empty promises. This is the 5th time you’ve stood me up in two weeks! You need to get your priorities straight. I’m tired of you putting your job first all the time!
              B: Come on, Veronica, that’s not fair. I do care about you a lot, you know that. I tried to ...
              A: You know what? Maybe we should just take a break. I need some time to think about where this relationship is heading.
              B: But...Veronica, would you just listen to me? There was a fire alarm at my office building today and I was stuck...

Key Vocabulary

get hold of: Verb - find or contact someone
              decency: Noun (non count) - polite or moral behavior
              do you have any idea: Phrase - do you know
              stand (someone) up: Verb - fail to keep the appointment to meet someone
              get your priorities straight: Phrase - realize what is more important
              head: Verb - go towards a specified direction or place

Supplementary Vocabulary

break up: Verb - end a relationship
              get back together: Phrase - restart a relationship that ended

Webitsa.com
              Linkedin Profile

نظر

My New friend

Daily Life - My New friend
                Elementary

A: Irene! I heard you were on a date last night! So, how how did it go? I want all the juicy details!
                B: Um... well, actually, we had a fantastic time last night. He was...amazing!
                A: Okay, now you really have to fill me in. What’s he like?
                B: He’s really good looking; he’s quite tall, around 6’1”, he’s in his early thirties, and he’s got the most beautiful dark brown eyes...
                A: He sounds hot! What does he do for a living?
                B: You know what, this is the best part. David is a junior investment banker at Fortune Bank, so he’s got a great career path ahead of him!
                A: Hold on a sec, his name is David?
                B: Yeah?
                A: That’s my brother!

Key Vocabulary

hear: Verb - get the information from someone
                juicy detail: Noun (plural) - exciting pieces of information
                fill me in: Verb - give me more information
                good looking: Adjective - handsome
                hot: Adjective - attractive
                career path: Noun (singular) - a planned, logical progression of jobs within a profession throughout working life

Supplementary Vocabulary

attractive: Adjective - have a pleasing appearance
                tender: Adjective - very loving and gentle
                handsome: Adjective - good looking

Webitsa.com
                Linkedin Profile

نظر

Can I ask you a favor?l

The Office - Can I ask you a favor?l
                  Elementary

A: Um, sorry to bother you, um... my name is Rachel. I’m new here. Can I ask you a favor?
                  B: Hi Rachel, welcome on board. I’m afraid I can’t help you right now. I’m getting ready for a very important meeting.
                  A: Excuse me, but can I bother you for a sec?
                  C: You know what, I’d love to help you, but I’m about to meet an important client. Do you wanna try Sean instead? He sits right over there.
                  A: Sorry to interrupt you Sean, could you do me a quick favor?
                  D: Actually, I’m working on a document that is due in a couple minutes. I really can’t talk to you right now. Sorry about that.
                  A: Geeze! I just want to know where the bathroom is! What’s wrong with you people!

Key Vocabulary

bother: Verb - annoy or disturb someone
                  can I ask you a favor: Phrase - ask someone to do a kind and helpful thing
                  on board: Phrase - to the company
                  can I bother you: Phrase - polite way of asking if you can interrupt someone
                  instead: Adverb - in the place of
                  sorry to interrupt: Pronoun - phrase used to begin speaking to someone when they are busy doing or saying something
                  do me a quick favor: Pronoun - do a small, helpful thing that won't take a long time

Supplementary Vocabulary

help me out: Phrase - help me
                  give me a hand: Phrase - help me with something
                  annoy: Verb - cause someone to feel slightly angry
                  bug: Verb - bother or annoy someone (informal)
                  disrupt: Verb - stop someone from working, or doing something

Webitsa.com
                  Linkedin Profile

نظر

I Need More Time

The Office - I Need More Time
                    Elementary

A: So, Casey, how are things going with the photos for the press kit?
                    B: Yeah, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. I might need to ask for an extension on that deadline.
                    A: You’ve had over a month to get this finalized! Why are things delayed?
                    B: Well, the thing is, we ran into a lot of problems. . .
                    A: I’m not looking for excuses here. I just want to get this finished on time!
                    B: I know, and I apologize for the delay. But some things were just beyond my control. I had trouble booking the photographer, and then Michael was sick for three weeks, so I couldn’t include him in the photos, and the design team lost all the files, so I had to re-do the pictures.
                    A: I’m not going to put this off any longer, Casey! I want those photos ASAP!

Key Vocabulary

press kit: Noun (singular) - group of photos, documents, articles, and information about a company given to reporters, newspapers, magazines, etc.
                    I’ve been meaning to: Verb, Present Perfect Progressive - intend, plan to do something
                    extension: Noun (singular) - make a deadline longer, extra time to do something
                    finalize: Verb - finish, decide on all the details
                    delay: Verb - late
                    run into: Phrase - meet or encounter
                    beyond someone’s control: Phrase - not able to control something
                    put (something) off: Verb, Going to Future - plan to do something later

Supplementary Vocabulary

due: Adjective - the date when something must be finished or happen
                    behind: Adjective - late with a project or things you have to do
                    hold up: Phrase - delay or slow something
                    tight deadline: Phrase - a deadline that is really diffcult to meet

Download Audio

Webitsa.com
                    Linkedin Profile

نظر

Small Talk

Daily Life - Small Talk
                      Elementary

A: Morning.
                      B: Hi there, Mr. Anderson! How are you on this fine morning?
                      A: Fine, thank you.
                      B: It sure is cold this morning, isn’t it? I barely even got out of bed!
                      A: Yeah. It's pretty cold, alright.
                      B: Did you catch the news this morning? I heard that there was a fire on Byron Street.
                      A: No, I didn’t hear about that.
                      B: Did you happen to watch the football game last night? The Patriots scored in the last minute!
                      A: No, I don't like football.
                      B: Oh... By the way, I saw you with your daughter at the office Christmas party. She is really beautiful!
                      A: She's my wife! Oh, here's my floor! Nice talking to you. Goodbye.
                      B: Sir, this is the fifty-sixth floor! We are on the seventieth!
                      A: That's okay, I’ll take the stairs!

Key Vocabulary

It sure is: phrase - Affirmation or confirmation of something
                      barely even: General Adverb - hardly, could almost not
                      catch: verb - hear, listen to
                      Did you happen to: phrase - By chance or casualty someone did something
                      By the way: phrase - phrased used to interject another topic in a conversation
                      take the stairs: phrase - go up the stairs, use the stairs

Supplementary Vocabulary

small talk: short, friendly conversation about things that are not important
                      chat: verb - talk (informal)
                      network: verb - talk with people to form business connections
                      awkward: Adjective - difficult to deal with
                      uncomfortable: Adjective - a feeling of being embarrassed or uneasy

Download Audio

I believed my wisdom
                      ... Killed the whys as I grew ... Yet the time has taught me ... The whys are grown too
                      Angel

Click to Read My Other Poems

نظر

What a Bargain

The Weekend - What a Bargain!
                        Elementary

A: Hello. May I help you?
                        B: Yeah, this dress is really nice! How much is it?
                        A: That one is one hundred and fifty dollars.
                        B: One hundred and fifty dollars? What about this other one over here?
                        A: That’s one hundred and forty dollars.
                        B: Hmm...that’s a bit out of my price range. Can you give me a better deal?
                        A: This is an exclusive design by DaMarco! It’s a bargain at that price.
                        B: Well, I don’t know. I think I’ll shop around.
                        A: Okay, okay, how about one hundred dollars?
                        B: That’s still more than I wanted to spend. What if I take both dresses?
                        A: Okay, I can give you a special discount, just because you seem like a nice person. One hundred and ninety dollars for both.
                        B: I don’t know... It’s still a bit pricey.... Thanks anyway.
                        A: Okay, my final price! One hundred dollars for both! That’s two for the price of one. That’s my last offer!
                        B: Great! You’ve got a deal!

Key Vocabulary

bargain: common noun, singular - a good deal, a cheap price
                        shop around: phrase - look in many stores and try to find the best price
                        discount: common noun, singular - a lowering of the price of something
                        exclusive: Adjective - not common, unique
                        out of my price range: phrase - too expensive, can't afford it
                        offer: common noun, singular - an opportunity to buy something at a low price
                        pricey: Adjective - expensive
                        deal: common noun, singular - agreement to buy something

Supplementary Vocabulary

promotion: common noun, singular - a special discount or offer on goods and services
                        cash: common noun, singular - money in the form of coins and bills
                        credit card: common noun, singular - card that is used to buy things and pay at a later time
                        negotiate: principle verb, present simple - to discuss and fight for a better price
                        freebie: common noun, singular - a free item that is usually given to promote a product

Download Audio

I believed my wisdom
                        ... Killed the whys as I grew ... Yet the time has taught me ... The whys are grown too
                        Angel

نظر

Pizza Delivery

Daily Life - Pizza Delivery
                          Elementary

A: Good evening, Pizza House. This is Marty speaking. May I take your order?
                          B: Um yes& Id like a medium pizza with pepperoni, olives, and extra cheese.
                          A: We have a two-for-one special on large pizzas. Would you like a large pizza instead?
                          B: Sure, that sounds good.
                          A: Great! Would you like your second pizza to be the same as the first?
                          B: No, make the second one with ham, pineapple and green peppers. Oh, and make it thin crust.
                          A: Okay, thin crust. Your total is $21.50 and your order will arrive in thirty minutes or it’s free!
                          B: Perfect. Thank you. Bye..
                          A: Sir, wait!! I need your address!

Key Vocabulary

medium: Adjective - an average size, not too big or small
                          total: Adjective - complete amount you must pay
                          instead: General Adverb - in replacement of
                          sounds good: verb - seems or appears to be okay, I agree
                          pepperoni: common noun, singular - a spicy sausage usually on pizza
                          olive: common noun, plural - a small, egg-shaped black or green fruit that is used as food or for making oil
                          crust: common noun, singular - the border of a pizza, or bread
                          two-for-one: phrase - pay for one and get another one free

Supplementary Vocabulary

total: common noun, singular - sum of everything
                          fast food: common noun, singular - food that is quickly made and convenient if you are in a hurry
                          delivery: common noun, singular - transported or taken to your house
                          dough: common noun, singular - a mix of flour and water that is used to make the base of a pizza
                          take-out: Adjective - food you take away from the restaurant to eat (AmE)

Download Audio

I believed my wisdom
                          Angel

نظر

ببخشین اما فایل های صوتی دانلود نمیشن چون ف ...شدن.
                            و یه خواهشی که داشتم ادامه نمیدین؟؟؟؟؟

نظر

mary jain عزیز سلام!

بله، متاسفانه سایت میزبان این فایلها هر چند وقت یک بار ف... و باز می شود. اما روشهای گوناگونی برای باز کردن اینگونه سایتها وجود دارد که تقریبا همه با آنها آشنا هستیم! چند روز پیش هم در خبرها اعلام شد که بزودی امکان ارائه VPN قانونی برای بازکردن سایتهای ف... شده فراهم خواهد شد.

در مورد ادامه دادن هم باید بگویم که قصد ما این است که به مرور ادامه بدهیم اما چون دست تنها هستیم مقداری وقفه می افتد که بابت آن عذر خواهی می کنم!

I believed my wisdom
                              Angel

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                              X