Onomatopoeia

Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

• Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeiais the use of words whose pronunciation imitates the sound the word describes. "Buzz," for example, when spoken is intended to resemble the sound of a flying insect. Other examples include these: slam, pow, screech, whirr, crush, sizzle, crunch, wring, wrench, gouge, grind, mangle, bang, blam, pow, zap, fizz, urp, roar, growl, blip, click, whimper, and, of course, snap, crackle, and pop. Note that the connection between sound and pronunciation is sometimes rather a product of imagination ("slam" and "wring" are not very good imitations). And note also that written language retains an aural quality, so that even unspoken your writing has a sound to it. Compare these sentences, for instance:
    - Someone yelled, "Look out!" and I heard the skidding of tires and the horrible noise of bending metal and breaking glass.
    - Someone yelled "Look out!" and I heard a loud screech followed by a grinding, wrenching crash.

Onomatopoeia can produce a lively sentence, adding a kind of flavoring by its sound effects:
    The flies buzzing and whizzing around their ears kept them from finishing the experiment at the swamp.
    - No one talks in these factories. Everyone is too busy. The only sounds are the snip, snip of scissors and the hum of sewing machines.
    - But I loved that old car. I never heard the incessant rattle on a rough road, or the squeakitysqueak whenever I hit a bump; and as for the squeal of the tires around every corner--well, that was macho.
    - If you like the plop, plop, plop of a faucet at three in the morning, you will like this record.

Source: irtualsalt.com
    ویرایش توسط baran.amad : https://forum.motarjemonline.com/member/3147-baran-amad در ساعت 09-19-2011, 02:25 PM
    همیشه آخر هر چیز خوب می شود. اگر نشد بدان هنوز آخر آن نرسیده است....چارلی چاپلین
صبر کنید ..
X