X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

نوشته اصلی توسط adrian نمایش پست ها
    سلام
    از جوابتون ممنونم.
    من عضو Englishpod شدم ولی فقط 7 روز فرصت برای استفاده داده !
    با سلام من عضو شدم ولی دسترسی به فایلهای صوتی ندارم کسی می تونه کمک کنه چطور می تونم دانلود کنم

نظر

سلام دوست عزیز،

اگر منظورتان فایل های صوتی این بخش هست، بر روی لینک Download Audio انتهای هر پادکست کلیک کنید، در قسمت بالای صفحه باز شده، بعد از چند لحظه گزینه "مشاهده لینک" فعال می شود که با کلیک روی آن به بخش دانلود هدایت می شوید و باکلیک روی نام فایل می توانید فایل صوتی را دانلود کنید.
      گر خسته ای بمان و اگر خواستی بدان: ما را تمام لذت هستی به جستجوست ...
      اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
      Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 53 - Understanding Men and Women

Men and women sometimes have problems communicating with each other. Learn how to talk about it in this podcast.
        Tags: Relationships

ESL Podcast 53 – درک مردان و زنان از یکدیگر

Part 1

Lucy: Jeff, here's a question. I was just talking to Dawn. You know, they had their first wedding anniversary last week. Guess what her husband gave her as a present.

Jeff: I don't know. What?

Lucy: He gave her a vacuum cleaner .

Jeff: Didn't she want a vacuum cleaner?

Lucy: Yes, the old one was broken, but that's not the point! It was their wedding anniversary, their first one. Dawn was really upset that he wasn't more romantic. He really let her down.

Jeff: Oh, great. Women are always saying that men aren't romantic. But we are! Just not in the way that women want.

Lucy: What do you mean?

Jeff: It's a man's job to protect his wife and family. When something goes wrong, they want to fix it. That's the mark of a good husband.

Lucy: I can see that, but that's not romantic in my book.

Jeff: That's because you women have this idealized view of romance that you get from a lifetime of watching chick flicks and reading romance novels. Even if a man wanted to, he could never get into the head of a woman and guess what she wanted. That's why women have to just tell us what they want.

Lucy: That's the problem. We women think men should just know what we want, without us having to tell them that is, if the man really loved and understood us. That's why we don't want to tell you. But, I see your point, too.

Jeff: So, I guess it's really true. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Lucy: Yeah, that's what makes life interesting, right?

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
        فایل های پیوست شده
        اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
        Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 54 - Talking to the Professor

Find out in this podcast how to talk to your college professor or teacher.
          Tags: Daily Life

ESL Podcast 54 – صحبت با استاد

Part 1

[A knock on the door.]

Jeff: Come in.

Julie: Hi, Dr. McQuillan, I'm Julie Taylor. I'm in your 2 o'clock class on Thursdays.

Jeff: Hi, Julie. Have a seat. What can I do for you?

Julie: I wanted to come see you during your office hours because I missed class last week. I had a family emergency .

Jeff: I'm sorry to hear that. We went over a lot of material so make sure you get the notes from another student in class.

Julie: Thanks, I will. Did you give any assignments ?

Jeff: Yes, I assigned an essay on the topics in chapter 3 of your textbook.

Julie: Oh, I see. Are there guidelines for the essay?

Jeff: Yes, it should be 8-10 pages and it's due in two weeks. Take a look at your syllabus. It has more details.

Julie: I will. Thanks a lot. I've also been meaning to talk to you about the trouble I'm having keeping up in class. I'm having trouble understanding the lectures. Is there anything you would suggest?

Jeff: Some students tape record the lectures and listen to them afterwards. That seems to help.

Julie: That's a great idea. I'll definitely try that. I'm wondering if you give extra credit in your class?

Jeff: No, I don't give extra credit assignments. But if you're worried about passing, there are still two more tests to pull up your grade.

Julie: Yes, I'll study hard for those. Thanks a lot for your time.

Jeff: No problem. See you in class.

Julie: Okay, Professor McQuillan, see you Thursday.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
          فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
          Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 55 - A Trip to the Library

Find out about how to talk about the library in this podcast.
            Tags: Entertainment, Daily Life

ESL Podcast 55 – سر زدن به کتابخانه

Part 1

I read in the local paper that a new public library had just opened two weeks ago in my neighborhood. I wanted to check it out. But first, I called the library to check the hours of operation. The librarian told me that they were open Monday through Saturday from 10 to 6 so I decided to see the new library for myself.

I parked my car in the library parking lot and walked in. There were two library clerks behind the counter and a librarian at the reference desk . I walked around and spotted the non- fiction section and moved onto the fiction stacks. There was a pretty good collection in both of these areas. I wanted to see if they had a book I've been wanting to read so I went over to the computer to check the online catalogue. As it turns out, they had one copy and it had not been checked out. I wrote down the call number and went to the stacks. I found it right away.

When I walked in, I also noticed that the library had music CDs, videos, and DVDs that could be checked out. I looked briefly at the collection but decided not to check out any right then.

I had my book and I was all set. I stood in line and waited to check my book out. The library clerk said, "Next please," and I stepped up to the counter. I asked her what the loan period was for the book. She told me that the due date was three weeks from today. I gave her my library card. She scanned the bar code on my book and stamped the due date on the back of it. It was quick and easy. I was so glad to have a nice new library so close to home.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
            فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
            Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 56 - Hiring for a Job

Find out how to talk about hiring someone for a job in this podcast.
              Tags: Business

ESL Podcast 56 – استخدام برای یک شغل

Part 1

Last week, my administrative assistant gave notice that he was quitting in two weeks. It couldn't have come at a worse time. It was a very busy time of the year, but there was nothing I could do. Right away, we put a want ad in the classifieds and received several applications for the job. I called in four of them for interviews and I had narrowed it down to two candidates.

The first was Claudia Trujillo. From her resume , I knew that she had had four years of experience working at a telecommunications company. She looked promising and when she arrived for the interview, she was dressed professionally and seemed personable. When I asked her about her experience, she answered my questions with confidence. She sounded like a hard worker and showed a lot of perseverance. The only drawbacks were that she was a little chatty and she also seemed a little disorganized.

The second candidate was Alex Mayhew. Alex had more experience than Claudia, but in different capacities, and only had one year of experience as an administrative assistant. When I met Alex, he seemed a little rough around the edges. He was earnest and eager, but didn't have the air of someone who had worked in a corporate environment. Still, he seemed bright and easy to get along with. He did strike me as being a little shy, but I think that was because he was nervous.

So, those are my two options. Now, which one should I hire? I need to give it some more thought.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
              فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
              Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 57 - A Camping Trip

Some people love to go camping. Find out how to talk about on this podcast.
                Tags: Entertainment, Travel

ESL Podcast 56 – چادر زدن و پیاده روی در طبیعت
                Part 1

My friends and I decided to take a trip to Yosemite National Park to do some camping and hiking. We all like the outdoors, but we all live in the city. We have all been griping about feeling cooped up so we decided to take a road trip. This trip would give all of us a break from the traffic, noise, and smog that we all deal with in L.A.

Before we left, I went to the sporting goods store to get some new gear and equipment. I had a tent , but I needed a new sleeping bag, one that was waterproof. I also needed some new hiking boots. Lucky for me, I found everything in one stop, and by the time I left the store, I was really psyched about the trip!

Early on Saturday morning, my friend Rachel came to pick me up. None of us had a camper but Rachel had an SUV that fit all of us comfortably. I was the last one to be picked up and I put my backpack and other gear in the trunk. I was about to get in to the car when realized I had left my sunscreen in the house. I rushed back in and grabbed it, and then we were off. I couldn't wait to get some fresh air and plenty of exercise. Yosemite, here we come!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse

فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 58 - Getting Ready to Go

You need to go to work, but first you have to get ready. Find out how to talk about it in this podcast.

ESL Podcast 58 – آماده شدن برای رفتن سر کار

Part 1

I guess I'm just like everybody else. I could do without Mondays. On the weekend, I can kick back and relax, but I dread going back to work when the weekend is over.

This morning was particularly hectic. On weeknights, I set my alarm for 7 a.m. That's what I did last night. But, when I woke up this morning and looked at my alarm clock, it was 7:30! The alarm clock was on the fritz and it didn't go off. Oh no, I was going to be late again.

I washed my face, put on my make-up, got dressed, and ate a small bowl of cereal. I had one foot out the door when I realized I didn't have my keys. I went back into my bedroom and looked on the shelf where I kept them. No luck. Maybe I left them in my purse. I hunted around for them. Finally, I just dumped out everything from my purse onto my bed. I had my wallet, sunglasses, compact, lipstick, eye drops, aspirin, tissues, and my PDA. But, no keys.

I looked around the living room. Maybe they fell behind the couch cushions. I picked up each one and looked. No keys. I went into my closet and checked the pockets of my coat. Still, no keys. By this time, I was pretty frantic so I tried to calm myself down. I decided to get a drink of water. I opened the refrigerator and what did I see? My keys. They were sitting on the shelf right next to the milk. I must have left them there when I got the milk for my cereal. It served me right for being so absent- minded.

Oh, how I hate Monday mornings!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
                  فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                  Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 59 - Teamwork

At school and at work, you have to be able to work with others. Find out how to talk about it in this podcast.
                    Tags: Business

ESL Podcast 59 – کار گروهی

Part 1

Jeff: So, does that sound okay with you?

Lucy: What? Oh, I sorry. I didn't hear what you said.

Jeff: You seem preoccupied today. What's up?

Lucy: Oh, it's this guy I know from this class I'm taking. His name is Richard. I think I've mentioned him before.

Jeff: Yeah, sure, the guy you're working on a project with. Right?

Lucy: Yeah, that's him. The four of us are supposed to be working as a team on this project and I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with him.

Jeff: What do you mean?

Lucy: Well, he doesn't know how to express his opinion without putting other people down. And, he always has to be right.

Jeff: He sounds a little immature.

Lucy: Yeah, I think it's partly that. He doesn't know how to be diplomatic with people.

Jeff: He doesn't know how or he doesn't want to.

Lucy: I don't know, but I do know that sometimes he really gets the better of me.

Jeff: Well, he sounds pretty hard to get along with. Are the other people in your group feeling the same way?

Lucy: Yeah, in fact, they're fed up with him. I keep having to run interference when our discussions get too heated. Actually, I feel really sorry for the guy. He doesn't seem to have too many friends and he always seems so unhappy.

Jeff: Well, I think you're helping just by putting up with him.

Lucy: Thanks for trying to make me feel better. Ok, now what were you saying?

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
                    فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                    Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 60 - Getting a Haircut

Learn how to talk about getting a haircut in this podcast.

ESL Podcast 60 – کوتاه کردن موی سر

Part 1

I have an appointment with my hairdresser today. It has been too long since I had my hair cut. My bangs were too long, I had split ends and my roots were showing. I was a mess!

I arrived for my appointment and I told the receptionist that I was there for an appointment with Mark. She told me that he was finishing up with another client and that he would be with me soon. About 10 minutes later, he came over to where I was sitting and took me back to his station.

Mark: Hi, how have you been? You're looking good.

Lucy: Thanks. I've been great. Thanks for fitting me in today.

Mark: No problem. So, tell me, what do you want to have done today?

Lucy: I need a trim.

Mark: Okay. Let's see how short do you want me to cut it? Shoulder length? Chin length?

Lucy: I'd like to take it up about two inches in the back and the bangs should fall just under my eyebrows.

Mark: Okay, I really think that's a good length for your face shape.

Just as I had hoped, Mark did a great job with my hair. I paid the receptionist and made sure I gave him a big tip. Anyone who can do wonders with my crazy hair definitely deserves it!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
                      فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                      Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 61 - Preparing a Paper

Preparing a paper to turn in requires some special care. Find out how to talk about it in this podcast.
                        Tags: Business, Daily Life

ESL Podcast 61 – آماده کردن مقاله

Part 1

Student: I wonder if I could ask you some questions about our paper, professor. Do you want us to cite our sources in the footnotes?

Professor: You should use endnotes for longer explanations. Otherwise, just follow the style sheet I passed out for citations in your paper.

Student: I see. And what about the cover page? Is there a special format for that as well?

Professor: Do you have the handout I passed out with you? If you look at the bottom of that, you'll see that that you should follow the format of the American Psychological Association, 5th edition.

Student: Okay, I guess I missed that.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
                        فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                        Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 62 - Reading Magazines

Reading magazines can be relaxing and informative. Find out about how to talk about it in this podcast.
                          Tags: Entertainment, Daily Life

ESL Podcast 62 – خواندن مجله

Part 1

I'm the first to admit that I'm hooked on reading magazines. I've been this way as long as I can remember. I love picking up magazines about different topics. Currently, I subscribe to about six or seven magazines, although when I was getting professional journals during my days at the university, I probably had 15 or 20 coming to my box every month. Now I read mostly for pleasure. I like to read the New Yorker, because it is so well-written. I also get a copy of Atlantic Monthly and Harpers every month, because they have good coverage of cultural, political, and social issues. My latest is to read book reviews. There are a couple of really good book reviews published in the U.S., including the New York Review of Books. But the best reviews for my money are the Times Literary Supplement and the London Review of Books, both of which come out of England. I have to thank my friend Gustavo for turning me on to those two. I prefer to read the non-fiction reviews over the fiction ones, but that's me. Ah, the joys of reading!

Script by Dr. Jeff McQuillan
                          فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                          Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 63 - Eating Fast Food

When you are in a hurry to eat, you can always try fast food. Find out how to talk about it on this podcast.
                            Tags: Dining
                            ESL Podcast 63 – خوردن فست فود

Part 1

My friend Julia called me the other day. She wanted to grab some lunch and asked me if I wanted to go to the local fast food place down the street. I said sure, even though I knew it wouldn't be good for me. I hopped in my car and swung by to pick her up at her work. When we got to the restaurant, there was already a long line at the drive-through. It was the lunch hour, so that is to be expected. We inched forward in the driveway and finally reached the order station. "Welcome to McApple's Restaurant. How can I help you today?" I leaned over to shout into the little box, "Uh, I'll have a cheeseburger, and my friend will take a regular hamburger." "Would you like anything to drink with that?" she asked. She had a very low voice. "Two diet Cokes, please," I said. "And would you like any fries with that?" she asked again. "No, just the hamburgers, thanks." "That'll be $8.75. Please pull forward." We drove up to the pick up window and paid the cashier. Our food was ready about 30 seconds later. "Thank you!" I said as we drove away . We pulled over to the side of the road to eat our hamburgers. I knew I was going to regret it, but it sure did taste good!

فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                            Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 64 - Preparing for a Business Trip

Do you have to travel for business? Find out how to talk about it in this podcast.
                              Tags: Business, Travel

ESL Podcast 64 – آماده شدن برای سفر کاری

Part 1

I'm going to a conference this weekend back in my home state of Minnesota. I am going there to address a convention full of librarians, believe it or not. For me, the worst part of going on the road for business is not the traveling; it's all the preparation you have to do. I created a whole checklist of things I have to do when I travel. First, I confirm that my flight will be on time departing from LAX. Next, I call to double-check on my reservation for the hotel and the rent a car. After that, I pull out my suitcase and start packing. I'm a light packer, so I bring only the pants, shirts, socks, and underwear I'm going to need, nothing more. I throw in my toiletries bag with the usual stuff ‚Äîshaver, shaving cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss‚ and then I'm just about done. Finally, I go through my briefcase to make sure I have all the things I'll need for the conference‚ my badge, my laptop, my overhead transparencies, a notepad, and some pens. Now I'm ready‚ off I go to my old home.

فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                              Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 65 - Picking a Wardrobe

Learn about picking out clothes to wear in this podcast.

ESL Podcast 65 – انتخاب لباس از کمد لباس

Part 1

I'm one of those people who doesn't have much of a fashion sense. I mean, I know that you shouldn't wear a pink shirt with green pants, but beyond that I'm pretty much a basket case when it comes to picking my wardrobe. I have plenty of short- sleeve and long-sleeve dress shirts, some have a button-down collar, and some have a shirt pocket in them. I also own some more casual shirts with a collar, and a ton of t-shirts with just about every logo you can think of. I have a couple of good pairs of black slacks for formal occasions, along with khakis and jeans for more informal events. Naturally, I have one nice suit to wear to weddings, funerals, and job interviews, with a suit coat, tie, a belt with a nice-looking buckle, and pants. I also own a sports coat, but I don't use it much. Well, I better stop talking and start dressing. I'm late for work!

فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                                Linkedin Profile

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                                X