Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

ESLPodcast 25 - Problems at the Office

ESLPodcast 25 - Problems at the Office

How do you handle problems at work? Find out how in today's podcast.
    Tags: Business

ESLPodcast 25

Part1

Lucy: Hey Jeff, can I pick your brain for a minute?

Jeff: Sure, what's up?

Lucy: Well, I have a sticky situation at work and I wanted to get your input. You're always so tactful .

Jeff: Thanks. I'm not sure I can help but I'll give you my two cents.

Lucy: Well, it's like this. There's this guy I work with who is always making jokes about the boss. Don't get me wrong. I like a good joke now and then, especially about the boss. But, sometimes he goes too far.

Jeff. What do you mean?

Lucy: Well, just the other day, he got a picture off the Internet and cut and pasted the boss's head onto it. Let's just say it was a very unflattering picture of him.

Jeff: Hmm. That's really unprofessional, but it sounds harmless enough, if he kept it to himself or just showed it to a few friends.

Lucy: That's just it. He didn't keep it to himself. He attached the picture to an email and sent it to the entire company, including the top brass.

Jeff: You're joking, right?

Lucy: No, I'm not. This is what I mean when I said he goes too far. He just doesn't know when to quit.

Jeff: Is he a friend of yours?

Lucy: No, not really. But, I don't want the guy to get fired. He's actually a good person. He's just clueless, that's all.

Jeff: Well, that's a tough one. Let me think about it. Maybe there's a way to get him to cut it out before he gets fired.

Lucy: Thanks. I appreciate it.

Jeff: Oh, it's no big deal. Let's go get a bite to eat.

Lucy: Sure. Sounds good to me.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse

Download Audio
    فایل های پیوست شده
    گر خسته ای بمان و اگر خواستی بدان: ما را تمام لذت هستی به جستجوست ...
    اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
    Linkedin Profile

نظر

Hi
      2this is good work for improve English,I try to learn English with English podcast eslpod. and now I think is about 7 month that I heard this podcast, my listening is very better and I try to learn more.but I still listen 20% of all podcast , I'm now listening to eslpod 163 and I think eslpod.com produce eslpod573 and must try more to learn more.I always listen to this podcast at least 2 hours a day.
      and I want to admin of this site to be continue this great work , we use of this script very well.
      have a good time
      Amir

نظر

پادکست های Englishpod.com

سلام.
        می خواستم بدونم نظرتون راجع به پادکست های Englishpod چیه ؟
        شما کدوم رو توصیه می کنید ؟ ( Eslpod یا Englishpod )
        و اینکه پادکستهای Eslpod همشون با همین سرعت صحبت می کنن ؟ ( من تا شماره 30 را گوش کردم .. یک مقدار آروم صحبت می کنه )
        ممنون.

نظر

نوشته اصلی توسط adrian نمایش پست ها
          سلام.
          می خواستم بدونم نظرتون راجع به پادکست های Englishpod چیه ؟
          شما کدوم رو توصیه می کنید ؟ ( Eslpod یا Englishpod )
          و اینکه پادکستهای Eslpod همشون با همین سرعت صحبت می کنن ؟ ( من تا شماره 30 را گوش کردم .. یک مقدار آروم صحبت می کنه )
          ممنون.
          سلام دوست عزیز!

به نکته خوبی اشاره کردید. متشکرم!

پادکست های EnglishPod از پادکست های خیلی خوب و کاربردی جهت یادگیری و بهبود زبان انگلیسی است و من آن را به دوستان توصیه می کنم. ESLPod و EnglishPod شباهت های زیادی دارند. هر دو بر اساس موضوعات و موقعیت های مختلف پادکست هایی را ارائه می دهند که شامل دو بخش کلی است. یک بخش شامل بحث و گفتگو بر سر موضوع پادکست است و بخش دوم مربوط به ارائه توضیحات در مورد لغات و اصطلاحات و نکات به کار رفته در گفتگو و بخش اول است. به نظرم EnglishPod از نظر Listening و Speaking بهتر عمل کرده، جذاب تر است و از خوبی هایی که دارد این است که فایل های ارائه شده توسط آن سطح بندی است. همچنین شما با ثبت نام رایگان در سایت EnglishPod می توانید به متن فایل ها دسترسی داشته باشید. اما فکر می کنم ESLPod از نظر محتوایی قویتر عمل کرده است. متن کامل پادکست ها را نیز به رایگان در اختیار کاربران قرار نمی دهد ...

و اینکه Eslpod از پادکست 58 به بعد، بخشی را به انتهای پادکست ها اضافه کرده که در آن بخش اول، با سرعت معمولی و رایج در گفتگوهای روزمره تکرار می شود.

موفق باشید!
          اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
          Linkedin Profile

نظر

سلام
            از جوابتون ممنونم.
            من عضو Englishpod شدم ولی فقط 7 روز فرصت برای استفاده داده !

نظر

نوشته اصلی توسط adrian نمایش پست ها
              سلام
              از جوابتون ممنونم.
              من عضو Englishpod شدم ولی فقط 7 روز فرصت برای استفاده داده !
              سلام.

بله، من هم چک کردم و حق با شماست.

و یک خبر خوب! سایت مترجم آنلاین علاوه بر ارائه پادکست های ESLPod اقدام به ارائه مستقیم متن و فایل های صوتی پادکست های EnglishPod نموده است که از طریق انجمن پادکست یا لینک زیر می توانید به آن دسترسی پیدا کنید.

سایر پادکست ها:

British Council Learn English podcasts
              Vocabulary Podcast
              The podcast website for people learning English

Webitsa.com
              Linkedin Profile

نظر

با سلام،
                دست شما درد نكنه . اگه امكان داره بفرماييد چه تفاوتي بين eslpod و english cafe وجود داره.
                منتظر بقيه فايل ها هستيم
                ممنون

نظر

نوشته اصلی توسط Amir3997 نمایش پست ها
                  با سلام،
                  دست شما درد نكنه . اگه امكان داره بفرماييد چه تفاوتي بين eslpod و english cafe وجود داره.
                  منتظر بقيه فايل ها هستيم
                  ممنون
                  سلام دوست عزیز!

در اولین پادکست از سری English café به معرفی و ذکر پاره ای از تفاوت های آن با ESL podcast پرداخته شده که متن زیر مربوط به همین معرفی است.

We are going to be doing to English café podcast every week in addition to our three a regular ESL podcast PDF format of this podcast the way that we are going to do.

These podcasts are a little different. We are not going to be having a script or a story or a single dialog but instead it's going to be more informal. We are going to talk about American culture and the news and movies and books and music, all sorts of things that are currently popular in the United States. We are also going to be doing some different things.

We're going to be doing some interviews, we are going to be answering some of your questions because we get lots of questions e-mailed to us, so we are going to be doing a little bit of that, just kind of a variety of things a different number of things that were going to do on this podcast. Of course our main goal is to continue to help you improve your English and so were going to try to explain the words and expressions and ideas that are currently being used in the United States and in other English-speaking countries.

Webitsa.com
                  Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 26 - Daily Errands
                    ESLPodcast 26 - Daily Errands

Life is full of little things to do. Find out about doing daily errands in today's podcast.
                    Tags: Daily Life, Shopping

ESLPodcast 26

Part1

I've had a really busy day today. I rolled out of bed at around 7:00 AM, like every morning, and jumped in the shower. After brushing my teeth and shaving, I picked up my morning paper from the front sidewalk and started reading it. I like to eat breakfast when I read the paper, so I poured myself a bowl of cereal. At around 7:30, I went into my office and sat down to go over my to-do list. First, it was off to the post office to check my P.O. box. Then I went to the public library down the street to check out some books I've been meaning to read.

Next stop: the supermarket. My wife had given me a grocery list as long as your arm of things to pick up. I grabbed a shopping cart and got down to business. After I checked off everything on my list, I headed to the check out stand to pay for my items.

But I wasn't done yet. I zipped over to the bank, where I had to make a deposit and withdraw some money from the ATM. Fortunately, the line wasn't too long and I was able to get in and out quickly. My next stop was the pharmacy, where I needed to pick up my prescriptions. Finally, I headed home again. Now, I have to go to my real job!

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
                    فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                    Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 27 - Good Advice

ESLPodcast 27 - Good Advice

Are you feeling stressed? Do you worry too much? Find out how to talk about emotions on today's podcast.
                      Tags: Daily Life

ESLPodcast 27

Part1

I came across some good advice while reading this week. If you're like me, you spend most of your time thinking about all of the things that are on your "to-do" list and you try to figure out how you're going to do them all. Or, sometimes, I think about things that have already happened. Maybe I messed up my presentation at work or had a fight with my boyfriend. People dwell on these kinds of things all of the time.

The book I was reading made a very good point. If you're constantly thinking about the past or the future, how can you enjoy the present? In other words, you're making yourself unhappy by stressing out about things that you can't control. At the same time, you're missing what's happening right now.

I know I do this all the time. For instance, I was at the movies this past weekend. I was with my good friend and we were seeing a movie we've had our eye on for weeks. I was looking forward to it and my friend and I were both in a great mood. Then, I saw someone across the theater who looked like my co- worker. It wasn't her but it got me thinking. I thought about the report I had to do on Monday and how much I hated working on it. Then, I thought about my co-worker who wasn't pulling her weight. The more I thought about it, the more angry I got. By the time the movie started, my mood had changed completely. I was stressed out.

Where did all of that thinking and worrying get me? Nowhere. My new resolution is to try to stop obsessing about the past and the future so much, and to just enjoy the here and now.

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse

Download Audio
                      فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                      Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 28 - Small Talk About the Weather

ESLPodcast 28 - Small Talk About the Weather

Sometimes talking about unimportant topics can be the most difficult. Find out about talking about the weather in today's podcast.
                        Tags:
                        Daily Life

ESLPodcast 28

Part1

I admit that I'm not very good at small talk . When I'm with friends, I can just shoot the breeze all day long. But when I talk to a stranger or someone I don't know very well, I'm always casting about, searching for something to talk about. Politics and religion are definitely taboo subjects, at least here in the United States. But you have to chat about something, otherwise there are these uncomfortable silences.

So we end up talking about -what else?- the weather. This usually begins with something like, "So, nice weather we've been having!" or "It sure is a warm one out there today." Of course, we have to comment on the temperature. My favorite is, "It's not the heat that's so bad, it's the humidity!" Actually, I think that's true -I hate it most when it's muggy outside.

Back in my home state of Minnesota, everyone is obsessed with the weather report! Every TV station has it's own meteorologist with a high- tech radar giving you the 5 day forecast. They tell you when the temperature is rising or falling , what kind of clouds are moving in, and how cold the wind chill is.

My favorite quote about the weather comes from Mark Twain, who once said, that everybody talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it!

Script by Dr. Jeff McQuillan

Download Audio
                        فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                        Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 29 - Unkind Comments

ESLPodcast 29 - Unkind Comments

What do you say when someone is saying bad things about another person? Find out in today's podcast.

ESLPodcast 29

Part1

Yesterday, I was talking to an ex-colleague of mine who, quite frankly, has something of a big mouth. I bumped into him at the beach, where he was walking his dog. Anyway, as I was saying, he's the kind of guy that's always bad mouthing his co-workers. So he comes up to me and says, "Hey, Jeff. Long time, no see. What've you been up to?" "Ah, not much, " I said. "Well, guess who I saw yesterday? John Robeson, the guy from accounting at Firth Industries. You remember him, the guy with big ears and and an ego to match." It takes one to know one, I thought, but I kept it so myself. "Oh, really. How interesting," I replied.

"Yeah, well, I hate to talk behind someone's back, but ever since he and I had that falling out last year, I've never really cared for the guy." "How come?" I asked. "Well, he's a bit of a backstabber, always trying to outdo the other guy." "I know what you mean," I said. I knew at this point it was time to make my exit, otherwise, this guy would go on about John Robeson for the next 10 minutes. "What time do you have? " I asked him. "It's quarter after five." "Geez, already? Man, I've got to hit the road. I'm supposed to meet my brother at the pier in a few minutes. But, hey, it was sure good to see you again. You take care!" With that, I made my exit. I've got better things to do than to listen to him gripe all day.

Download Audio
                          فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                          Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 30 - Going to the Drugstore

ESLPodcast 30 - Going to the Drugstore

If you're sick, you sometimes need to go to the pharmacy. Learn more about visiting the drugstore in today's podcast.
                            Tags:
                            Daily Life, Shopping, Health/Medicine

ESLPodcast 30

Part1

I stopped by the drugstore last night on my way home from work. I had a few toiletries to pick up, as well as my prescription. Fortunately, the chain pharmacy where I go has a little bit of everything: food, greeting cards, magazines--almost as big as a regular supermarket.

To begin with, I needed to get some medications for my allergies. I've got hay fever, so I'm sneezing up a storm every morning when I wake up. While I was at it,I also got some antacids and some Band- Aids. Now it was on to pick up my refill.

I stood in line for a few minutes before being waited on. Since it was not a new prescription, the pharmacist didn't have do a consultation with me. I just gave the clerk my insurance card and she rang up the sale. Fortunately, I have a low co-pay, so my HMO foots most of the bill.

Download Audio
                            فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                            Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 31 - Reading the Newspaper

ESLPodcast 31 - Reading the Newspaper

Newspapers have something for everyone. Find out about how to talk about them in today's podcast.
                              Tags: Entertainment, Daily Life

ESLPodcast 31

Part1

I fell into the habit of reading the newspaper every morning when I was a kid. Back then, there used to be two daily newspapers--morning edition and an afternoon edition. Nowadays, of course, many cities in the U.S. have just a morning paper. I'm not too picky about which newspaper I read, although when it comes to national newspapers, I prefer reading the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal over USA Today. Don't get me wrong: I'm not a news junkie. I just like browsing the different sections, reading the headlines, and checking out the classifieds. I usually skip the sports section and the funnies, and only flip through the food and health sections, but I always read the front page and the editorial page. On the weekends, I'll skim the entertainment section for the movie listings and reviews.

I'm sort of old-fashioned in that I still like reading a real, paper newspaper. Sure, I also read some of my news online, but nothing beats lounging around on Sunday morning reading the big, thick paper. Don't worry, though: I always recycle my stack of newspapers.

Download Audio
                              فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                              Linkedin Profile

نظر

ESLPodcast 32 - Going to the Post Office

ESLPodcast 32 - Going to the Post Office

Sending a letter first class, priority, or express? Find out how to mail letters and packages in today's podcast.

ESLPodcast 32

Part1

For me, things never go very smoothly at my local post office. I've learned that if you want to mail a letter, you'll have no problems. But if things get more complicated than that, well, watch out!

Yesterday I went there to mail a small package and to pick up a book of stamps. I waited my turn in line, and when I get up to the window, the clerk asks me, "What can I do for you?" "Well," I said, "I need a book - no, make that a roll of stamps. And I need to send this package priority to San Francisco." "You want insurance with that?" he asked me. "Uh, I don't know, what do you recommend?" "Well," he said, "you can send it priority with tracking if you want to see when it gets there, you can send it insured if the contents are valuable, or you can do both." "Okay, I'll take the insurance." "Then step aside to fill out the insurance form," he said, "and bring it back up to me when you're finished." With that, I was waved aside to fill out my form. "Next in line!" the clerk called. When I finished filling out the form, I waited patiently until the gentleman being waited on in front of me was finished, and then stepped back up to the window. "Sorry," the clerk said, "I'm on break now. She can help you at the next window." Maybe it would be quicker just to drive my package to San Francisco.

Download Audio
                                فایل های پیوست شده

Webitsa.com
                                Linkedin Profile

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                                X