Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

• اینفوگرافیک: 15Most Unbelievable Words in English

15Most Unbelievable Words in English
    There are many unbelievable words in the English language–some so strange that they are rarely used. There are words for things most of us did not even know we need a word for. “There’s a word for that?” Some may deepen our vocabulary, but sometimes it is just entertaining to pick through the dictionary for fun.
    unbelievable words

Agerasia
    (n.) A lack of the signs of old ages; a youthful old age
    “The agerasia of that fellow is amazing; look at him darting around on those skates!”

Bayard
    (n.) A person armed with the self-confidence of ignorance
    “Only a bayard would walk past that bull.”

Bed-swerver(n.) An unfaithful spouse
    “Phil refused to believe his wife was a bed-swerver.”

Fard
    (v.) To paint the face with cosmetics, so as to hide blemishes
    “My wife’s tendency to fard in the bathroom for an hour made us late.”

Gobemouche
    (n.) One who believes anything, no matter how absurd
    “That guy is a gobemouche–I told him that bull would not chase him, and he believed me.”

Hansardize
    (v.) To show that a person has previously espoused opinions differing from the ones he or she now holds
    “Tom hansardized Phil by showing us a letter Phil had written to him.”

Inadvertist
    (n.) One who persistently fails to take notice of things
    “I am an inadvertist when it comes to driving. I run over about 3 things a month.”
    Killcrop
    (n.) A brat who never ceases to be hungry, and was popularly thought to be a fairy that was substituted for the child
    “Once upon a time, wicked faeries kidnapped a child and replaced it with an evil killcrop.”

Maritality
    (n.) Excessive or undue affection on the part of a wife for her husband
    “Marge’s maritality was driving Burt insane, so he went out with his buddies.”

Natiform
    (adj.) Buttock-shaped
    “The children giggled when they saw the natiform pumpkin.”

Obmutescence
    (n.) The state or condition of obstinately or willfully refusing to speak
    “The sullen boy glared at his mother in obmutescence.”

Plinyism
    (n.) A statement or account of dubious correctness or accuracy, such as some found in the Naturalis Historia of Pliny the Elder
    “Saying that the moon is made of cheese is pure plinyism.”

Quaresimal
    (adj.) Said of a meal, having the qualities of food served during Lent; austere, skimpy
    “We only had a few pieces of chicken, and after our quaresimal meal, we were still hungry.”

Scrouge
    (v.) To inconvenience or discomfort a person by pressing against him or her or by standing too close
    “I was standing in the elevator when six other people got in, and one in particular scrouged me into a corner.”

Yepsen
    (n.) The amount that can be held in two hands cupped together also, the two cupped hands themselves
    “The pond was nearly dry; barely more than a yepsen of water was left.”
    گر خسته ای بمان و اگر خواستی بدان: ما را تمام لذت هستی به جستجوست ...
    اگر مطالب این سایت برایتان مفید بود، لطفا با مشارکت و به اشتراک گذاشتن تجربیات ارزشمند خود، آن را برای خود و دیگران پربارتر کنید!

Webitsa.com
    Linkedin Profile
صبر کنید ..
X