اطلاعیه

Collapse
هیچ اطلاعیه ای هنوز ایجاد نشده است .

Very Short Stories (داستانهای خیلی کوتاه انگلیسی)

Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

A Life-Saving Cow

Six consecutive days of spring rain had created a raging river running by Nancy Brown’s farm. As she tried to herd her cows to higher ground, she slipped and hit her head on a fallen tree trunk. The fall knocked her out for a moment or two. When she came to, Lizzie, one of her oldest and favorite cows, was licking her face. The water was rising. Nancy got up and began walking slowly with Lizzie. The water was now waist high. Nancy’s pace got slower and slower. Finally, all she could do was to throw her arm around Lizzie’s neck and try to hang on. About 20 minutes later, Lizzie managed to successfully pull herself and Nancy out of the raging water and onto a bit of high land, a small island now in the middle of acres of white water.
    Even though it was about noon, the sky was so dark and the rain and lightning so bad that it took rescuers another two hours to discover Nancy. A helicopter lowered a paramedic, who attached Nancy to a life-support hoist. They raised her into the helicopter and took her to the school gym, where the Red Cross had set up an emergency shelter.
    When the flood subsided two days later, Nancy immediately went back to the “island.” Lizzie was gone. She was one of 19 cows that Nancy lost. “I owe my life to her,” said Nancy sobbingly
    . source:rong-chang.com

نظر

A fifteen-year-old boy was injured in a car accident when the minivan he was traveling in was hit by a pickup truck at an intersection. The boy was taken to a nearby hospital. The paramedics said that it appeared that the boy had nothing more serious than a broken left leg, but that internal injuries were always a possibility. The boy was conscious and alert. His mother, who was driving, was uninjured. She said that the truck appeared out of nowhere, and she thought she was going to die. She turned the steering wheel sharply to the left, and the truck hit her minivan on the passenger side.
      The driver of the truck was a 50-year-old man who was unemployed and apparently had been drinking—police found 18 empty beer cans inside the truck. The man denied drinking, but he failed the police test for sobriety. When asked to touch his nose with his arms outstretched and eyes closed, he was unable to touch any part of his head.
      The handcuffed man asked the police if they knew where “Mabel” was as he was put into the back seat of the police vehicle. The police asked him if Mabel was his wife. He said, “She’s my dog, my dog! Where’s my baby?” A dog with a collar, but no identification, was found minutes later, half a block away. The man was taken to the city jail and booked on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and on causing an accident.

نظر

Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun

Jerry Baldwin was 30 years old. He was the manager of a pizza restaurant. He lived in an apartment about one mile north of the restaurant. He walked to and from work. When it was raining, he took the bus.
        Jerry loved gangster movies. When a new one came out, he would go to the theater and watch the new movie three or four times. Then, when it went to video, Jerry would buy the video at Barney’s Video Store. Jerry had a home collection of over 1,000 gangster videos. Old ones, new ones, color, black and white, English, Spanish, Japanese--he loved them all. He could tell you the name of the movie, the director, the stars, and the plot. Did you say you liked “Pulp Fiction”? Well, Jerry would rattle off all the details of that movie. And then he would invite you to his place to watch it some time. He was a nice guy.
        Jerry finally decided that he would like to own a gun, just like the gangsters. So he saved his money for a couple of years. Then he went to a gun store and bought a used .38 caliber revolver for $300. While there, he also bought a couple of boxes of ammunition. The following Saturday morning, he went to the gun club to practice with his new revolver. He was in the club for only 10 minutes when he accidentally dropped his pistol. The gun went off, and the bullet went into Jerry’s right knee.
        Jerry now walks with a limp and a cane, just like some gangsters.

نظر

The Oakville pier collapsed Saturday afternoon at 3:30. Although hundreds of people were on the pier at the time of the collapse, no one was killed and only 15 people were injured. One person was seriously injured. That person was a 43-year-old man who suffered two broken legs, eight broken ribs, and a punctured lung.
          Hundreds of people gathered around to watch the rescue efforts. Three local television stations and two radio stations broadcast live from the pier. The collapse occurred after a big rig went out of control Saturday morning and slammed into one of the main supports for the pier.
          For public safety reasons, a city council member wanted to close the pier immediately. However, local businesses on the pier and nearby protested. Oakville officials decided to wait until tomorrow before sending out a structural engineer to investigate the damage.
          “The driver reeked of booze,” said a police officer who had written the truck driver a ticket for driving under the influence. “He was so drunk that he didn't even apply his brakes before he crashed into the support. It's a miracle that he didn’t kill someone,” said the officer, who took the driver to jail.
          City officials said it was too early to get a complete damage estimate, but that repairs to the pier would probably cost at least $500,000 and take a month or more. The local business people are very unhappy because the repair process will significantly reduce consumer purchases for the summer season.
          “We make 80 percent of our annual profits from June through September,” noted one T-shirt vendor. “This is going to hurt.”

نظر

I Want to Dye My Hair Green

Many of my friends have dyed their hair different colors

I don’t mean normal hair colors like brown or black

My friends have dyed their hair orange, purple and blue

I told my mother that I would like to dye my hair green

I explained to my mother that I would only use food coloring

The green would not last forever

My mother said that dyeing your hair was a silly fad

She said that I would not look good with green hair

I said that if I couldn’t dye my hair green, maybe I could get a nose ring

My mother said no

I said that maybe a tattoo on my arm would be nice

My mother said “no way”.

My mother said that she did some crazy things when she was a young girl. said that she used to iron her hair to make it straight.

That sounds quite boring to me

My friend Joan came over

Her hair is dyed bright pink

My father said “nice hair, Joan.”

I don’t think that he really meant it

My mother says that when I am an adult I can dye my hair whatever crazy color I like, but for now she would like me to leave my hair its natural color

I tried to tell her that all my friends were doing it

My mother asked, “if all your friends were jumping off a cliff, would you do it too?

I said no

I think I’ll have to wait to have green hair, but maybe by the time I’m old enough to dye my hair green, I won’t want it that color

My mother says that fads change all the time

One day something might be popular, and the next day it’s not in style at all

I’ll just have to live without green hair for now

I wonder what the fad will be next month

نظر

The Birthday Gift

It is going to be my father’s birthday

What can I give him?

I don’t have much money

I have looked all through the stores, and I have not found anything that I think he would like, or that I can afford

I have thought very hard about what to buy for him

I thought that he might like some candy, but my father really doesn’t eat many sweets

I thought that he might like a new shirt, but he has lots of clothes

I can’t afford a new car or computer for him

I was watching him on the weekend

He cut the grass, washed the car, took out the garbage, weeded the garden and watered the plants

I got an idea

I went to my room and took out some paper

I cut out pieces of paper, and I wrote on them

I wrote on one piece of paper that I would wash the car every weekend for the summer

I wrote on another piece that I would take out the garbage every week for the summer

I also wrote that I would cut the grass, weed the garden and water the plants every week for the summer

I made a birthday card for my dad, and I put the pieces of paper inside it

I went downstairs and gave my gift to my dad

My dad thought that the gift was very thoughtful

He said that it was a gift from the heart

I did all those things for my dad all summer

He said that he had a lot of free time because I helped him so much

My dad and I are good friends

I don’t mind doing things for him because I know that he is always there to help me out

A good gift doesn’t have to be something that costs a lot

My dad says that the best gifts are the ones that show how much you care for the other person

I’m glad my dad liked his gift

نظر

There are 4 things that you cannot recover
                The stone... ...after the throw!
                The word... palavra... ...after it’s said!....
                The occasion.... after the loss!
                and...The time.....after it’s gone

نظر

It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays. I sometimes stay in bed until lunch time. Last Sunday I got up very late. I looked out of the window. It was dark outside. What a day! I thought. It's raining agin. Just then, the telephone rang. It was my aunt Lucy. I've just arrived by train, she said. I'm coming to see you
                  But I'm still having breakfast, I said
                  What are you doing? she asked
                  I'm having breakfast, I repeated
                  Dear me, she said. Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock

نظر

If my Fish Could Talk

I have a goldfish
                    He swims around in his bowl all day

He looks bored
                    I look inside the bowl and watch him

His mouth always moves
                    He looks like he is talking

I imagine what my goldfish would say if he really could talk
                    I think he would say
                    “Hey, I’m bored in this little bowl

Why don’t you get me a bigger tank with more fish in it
                    I would like to have some friends to swim around with

I went out and bought a bigger tank for my goldfish

I put some plants at the bottom of the tank
                    and I got a miniature deep-sea diver to put at the bottom of the tank

I looked into the tank and imagined what my goldfish was saying
                    He seemed to be saying
                    This is a nice tank
                    It’s roomy in here, and you decorated it well
                    but I still don’t have any friends to swim with

I went to the pet store and bought three more goldfish
                    I put them into the tank
                    All of the goldfish seemed to look at each other

They swam near each other and seemed to be playing games
                    I knew which one was my goldfish because he has a black spot on his fin
                    I looked at him, and imagined that he was talking again

He said
                    This is great

نظر

great one!! i didn't see that one coming! lol

نظر

مرسی مفید بود
                        مجله موفقیت کلید ثروت جملات زیبا قانون جذب سخنان زیبا

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                        X