Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

• Be Patient and other Stories

What goes around comes around

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer. One day, while trying to make a
    living for his family, he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog. He dropped his tools
    and ran to the bog.
    There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and struggling to free
    himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what could have been a slow and terrifying death.
    The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse surroundings. An elegantly
    dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming
    had saved. "I want to repay you," said the nobleman. "You saved my son's life."
    "No, I can't accept payment for what I did," the Scottish farmer replied, waving off the offer.
    At that moment, the farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel. "Is that your son?"
    the nobleman asked.
    "Yes," the farmer replied proudly.
    "I'll make you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of education my son will enjoy. If the lad
    is anything like his father, he'll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of. And that
    he did.
    Farmer Fleming's son attended the very best schools and in time, he graduated from St. Mary's
    Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to become known throughout the world as the
    noted Sir Alexander Fleming,the discoverer of Penicillin.
    Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was saved from the bog was stricken with
    pneumonia. What saved his life this time? Penicillin.
    The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill. His son's name? Sir Winston Churchill.
    Someone once said:
    What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never
    been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
    Unknown Author
    کاغذ سفید را هر چقدر هم زیبا و تمیز باشد کسی قاب نمیگیرد...برای ماندگاری در ذهن ها باید حرفی برای گفتن داشت!!!

Be patient

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son
    was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint.
    The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as
    punishment.
    When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital. Although the doctor tried
    desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the
    boy's hands.
    When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "
    Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow
    back?"
    The father went home & committed suicide.
    Think about the story the next time u see someone spill milk at a dinner table or hear a
    baby crying. Think first before u lose your patience with someone u love.
    Trucks can be repaired. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't.
    Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance.
    People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a
    rage will haunt us forever.
    Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Understand & love.
    Author Unknown
    کاغذ سفید را هر چقدر هم زیبا و تمیز باشد کسی قاب نمیگیرد...برای ماندگاری در ذهن ها باید حرفی برای گفتن داشت!!!

نظر

The Big Rocks

One day, an expert was speaking to a group of business students. To drive home a point, he
      used an illustration those students will never forget.
      As this man stood in front of the group of high-powered over-achievers he said, "Okay, time for
      a quiz." Then he pulled out a one-gallon, wide-mouthed mason jar and set it on a table in front
      of him. Next he produced about a dozen fist-sized rocks and carefully placed them, one at a
      time, into the jar.
      When the jar was filled to the top, and no more rocks would fit inside, he asked, "Is this jar
      full?" Everyone in the class said, "Yes."
      He replied, "Really?" and reached under the table to pull out a bucket of gravel. He dumped
      some gravel in and shook the jar causing pieces of gravel to work themselves down into the
      spaces between the big rocks. Then he asked the group once more, "Is the jar full?" By this
      time the class was onto him. "Probably not," one of them answered. "Good," he replied. He
      reached under the table and brought out a bucket of sand.
      He started dumping the sand in, and it went into all the spaces left between the rocks and the
      gravel. Once more he asked the question, "Is this jar full?" "No," the class shouted. Once again
      he said, "Good." Then he grabbed a pitcher of water and began to pour it in until the jar was
      filled to the brim.
      He looked up at the class and asked, "What is the point of this illustration?" One eager beaver
      raised his hand and said, "The point is, no matter how full your schedule is, if you try really
      hard, you can always fit some more things into it."
      "No," the speaker replied, "that's not the point. The truth this illustration teaches us is, if you
      don't put the big rocks in first, you'll never get them in at all."
      What are the "big rocks" in your life?
      A project that YOU want to accomplish? Time with your loved ones? Your faith, your education,

your finances? A cause? Teaching or mentoring others? Remember to put these BIG ROCKS in
      first or you'll never get them in at all. Tonight or in the morning when you are reflecting on this
      story, ask yourself this question: what are the "big rocks" in my life or business? Then put
      those in your jar first
      unknown Author

نظر

The Box Of Kisses

Very Touching Story

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll
        of gold wrapping paper.
        Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under
        and said, "This is for you, Daddy."
        The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he
        found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, "Don't you know, when you give
        someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him
        with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box.
        They're all for you, Daddy."
        The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her
        forgiveness.
        Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept
        that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out
        an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
        Unknown Author

نظر

The Apple Tree

A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and play around it
          every day. He loved the tree top, ate the apples, took a nap under the shadow...He loved the
          tree and the tree loved to play with him. Time went by.......
          The little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree everyday. One day the
          boy came back to the tree and he looked sad. "Come play with me," the tree asked the boy. I
          am no longer a kid, I don't ' play around trees anymore." The boy replied, "I want toys. I need
          money to buy them." "Sorry, but I don't have money.....but you can pick my apples and sell
          them. Then you will have money."
          The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never
          came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.
          One day the boy returned and the tree was so excited. "Come and play with me" the tree said. I
          don't have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help
          me? "Sorry but I don't have a house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house."
          So the boy cut all the branches off the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him
          happy but the boy never came back since then.
          The tree was lonely and sad. One hot summer day, the boy returned and the tree was so
          delighted. "Come and play with me!" the tree said. "I am so sad and getting old. I want to go
          sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat? " "Use my trunk to build your boat. You can
          sail far away and be happy." So the boy cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and
          never showed up for a very long long time.
          Finally, the boy returned after he left for so many years. "Sorry, my boy, but I don't have
          anything for you anymore. No more apples for yo u...." the tree said". "I don't have teeth to bite"
          the boy replied. "No more trunk for you to climb on" I am too old for that now" the boy said. "I
          really can't give you anything.....the only thing left is my dying roots" the tree said with tears. "I
          don't need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years."
          The boy replied "Good! Old Tree Roots is the best place to lean and rest on." "Come, come sit
          down with me and rest " The boy sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears.
          Moral of the Story
          This is a story for everyone. The tree is our parents. When we were young, we loved to play
          with Mom and Dad...When we grew up, we left them...only come to them when we need
          something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give
          everything they can to make you happy. You may think the boy is cruel to the tree but that is
          how all of us are treating our parents.
          Love your parents, no matter where they are

نظر

Beginning today I will take life one day at a time

The secret to life is living it one day at a time.

Our lives are made up of a million moments spent in a million different ways. Some are spent
            searching for love, peace and harmony. Others are spent surviving day to day. But there is no
            greater moment than when we find that life, with all its joys and sorrows, is meant to be lived
            one day at a time.
            Each day is new, and living one day at a time enables us to truly enjoy life and live it to the
            fullest.
            Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday. It is in the past and the past will not
            change. Yet I can change by choosing to do so.
            Beginning today I will no longer worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will always be there waiting
            for me to make the most of it.
            Beginning today I will look in the mirror, and I will see a person worthy of my respect and
            admiration. This capable person looking back at me is someone I enjoy spending time with and
            someone I would like to get to know better.
            Beginning today I will cherish each moment of my life. I value this gift and unselfishly share it
            to enhance the lives of others.
            Beginning today I will take a moment to step off the beaten path to revel in the mysteries I
            encounter. I will face challenges with courage and determination. I will overcome barriers that
            hinder my growth.
            Beginning today I will take life one day at a time, one step at a time. Discouragement will not
            taint my positive self-image, my desire to succeed, or my capacity to love.
            Unknown Author

نظر

The GIFT

This inspiring a story about an old Bendix washing machine that helped one man get through
              the valley of loss. *

Story begins:
              His parents acquired the washer when John Claypool was a small boy. It happened during
              World War II.
              His family owned no washing machine and, since gasoline was rationed, they could ill afford
              trips to the laundry several miles away. Keeping clothes clean became a problem for young
              John's household.
              A family friend was drafted into the service, and his wife prepared to go with him. John's family
              offered to store their furniture while they were away. To the family's surprise, the friends
              suggested they use their Bendix while they were gone. "It would be better for it to be running, "
              they said, "than sitting up rusting." So this is how they acquired the washer.
              Young John helped with the washing, and across the years he developed an affection for the
              old, green Bendix. But eventually the war ended. Their friends returned. In the meantime he
              had forgotten how the machine came to be in their basement in the first place. When the
              friends came to take it away, John grew terribly upset -- and said so!
              His mother, wise as she was, sat him down and said, "Wait a minute, Son. You must remember,
              that machine never belonged to us in the first place. That we ever got to use it at all was a gift.
              So, instead of being mad at it being taken away, let's use this occasion to be grateful that we
              had it at all."
              The lesson proved invaluable. Years later, John watched his eight-year-old daughter die a slow
              and painful death of leukemia. Though he struggled for months with her death, John could not
              begin healing from the loss until he remembered the old Bendix.
              "I am here to testify," he said, "that this is the only way down the mountain of loss...when I
              remember that Laura Lou was a gift, pure and simple, something I neither earned nor deserved
              nor had a right to. And when I remember that the appropriate response to a gift, even when it is
              taken away, is gratitude, then I am better able to try and thank God that I was ever given her in
              the first place."
              His daughter was a gift. When he realized that simple fact, everything changed. He could now
              begin healing from the tragedy of her loss by focusing instead on the wonder of her life. He
              started to see Laura Lou as a marvelous gift that he was fortunate enough to share for a time.
              He felt grateful. He found strength and healing. He knew he could get through the valley of
              loss.
              We all experience loss -- loss of people, loss of jobs, loss of relationships, loss of
              independence, loss of esteem, loss of things. When what you held dear can be viewed as a
              gift, a wonder that you had it at all, the memory can eventually become one more of gratitude
              than tragedy. And you will find the healing you need.
              * Story from TRACKS OF A FELLOW STRUGGLER,
              by John Claypool
              (Insight Press Inc., 1995)

نظر

The Emperor and The Seed

Once there was an emperor in the Far East who was growing old and knew it was coming time
                to choose his successor. Instead of choosing one of his assistants or one of his own children,
                he decided to do something different.
                He called all the young people in the kingdom together one day. He said, "It has come time for
                me to step down and to choose the next emperor. I have decided to choose one of you." The
                kids were shocked! But the emperor continued. "I am going to give each one of you a seed
                today. One seed. It is a very special seed. I want you to go home, plant the seed, water it and
                come back here one year from today with what you have grown from this one seed. I will then
                judge the plants that you bring to me, and the one I choose will be the next emperor of the
                kingdom!"
                There was one boy named Ling who was there that day and he, like the others, received a
                seed. He went home and excitedly told his mother the whole story. She helped him get a pot
                and some planting soil, and he planted the seed and watered it carefully. Every day he would
                water it and watch to see if it had grown.
                After about three weeks, some of the other youths began to talk about their seeds and the
                plants that were beginning to grow. Ling kept going home and checking his seed, but nothing
                ever grew. Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by. Still nothing.
                By now others were talking about their plants but Ling didn't have a plant, and he felt like a
                failure. Six months went by, still nothing in Ling's pot. He just knew he had killed his seed.
                Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Ling didn't say anything to his
                friends, however. He just kept waiting for his seed to grow.
                A year finally went by and all the youths of the kingdom brought their plants to the emperor for
                inspection. Ling told his mother that he wasn't going to take an empty pot. But she encouraged
                him to go, and to take his pot, and to be honest about what happened. Ling felt sick to his
                stomach, but he knew his mother was right. He took his empty pot to the palace.
                When Ling arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by all the other youths. They
                were beautiful, in all shapes and sizes. Ling put his empty pot on the floor and many of the
                other kinds laughed at him. A few felt sorry for him and just said, "Hey nice try."
                When the emperor arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted the young people. Ling just tried
                to hide in the back. "My, what great plants, trees and flowers you have grown," said the
                emperor. "Today, one of you will be appointed the next emperor!"
                All of a sudden, the emperor spotted Ling at the back of the room with his empty pot. He
                ordered his guards to bring him to the front. Ling was terrified. "The emperor knows I'm a
                failure! Maybe he will have me killed!"
                When Ling got to the front, the Emperor asked his name. "My name is Ling," he replied. All the
                kids were laughing and making fun of him. The emperor asked everyone to quiet down. He
                looked at Ling, and then announced to the crowd, "Behold your new emperor! His name is
                Ling!" Ling couldn't believe it. Ling couldn't even grow his seed. How could he be the new
                emperor?
                Then the emperor said, "One year ago today, I gave everyone here a seed. I told you to take
                the seed, plant it, water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds which
                would not grow. All of you, except Ling, have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When
                you found that the seed would not grown, you substituted another seed for the one I gave you.
                Ling was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it.
                Therefore, he is the one who will be the new emperor!"
                Unknown Author

نظر

Hospital Windows

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up
                  in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
                  His bed was next to the room's only window.
                  The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end.
                  They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military
                  service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed by
                  the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things
                  he could see outside the window.
                  The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be
                  broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.
                  The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while
                  children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color
                  of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could
                  be seen in the distance.
                  As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the
                  room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
                  One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the
                  other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the
                  window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed.
                  One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body
                  of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called
                  the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man
                  asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and
                  after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.
                  Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside.
                  Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself.
                  He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The
                  man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described
                  such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and
                  could not even see the wall.
                  She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."
                  Author Unknown

نظر

A short true story about kindness

The Glass Of Milk

One day, a poor boy who was selling goods from door to door to pay his way through school,
                    found he had only one thin dime left, and he was hungry. He decided he would ask for a meal
                    at the next house. However, he lost his nerve when a lovely young woman opened the door.
                    Instead of a meal he asked for a drink of water.
                    She thought he looked hungry so brought him a large glass of milk. He drank it slowly, and
                    then asked, "How much do I owe you?"
                    "You don't owe me anything," she replied. "Mother has taught us never to accept pay for a
                    kindness."
                    He said..... "Then I thank you from my heart." As Howard Kelly left that house, he not only felt
                    stronger physically, but his faith in God and man was strong also. He had been ready to give
                    up and quit.
                    Year's later that young woman became critically ill. The local doctors were baffled. They finally
                    sent her to the big city, where they called in specialists to study her rare disease. Dr. Howard
                    Kelly was called in for the consultation. When he heard the name of the town she came from, a
                    strange light filled his eyes. Immediately he rose and went down the hall of the hospital to her
                    room.
                    Dressed in his doctor's gown he went in to see her. He recognized her at once. He went back
                    to the consultation room determined to do his best to save her life. From that day he gave
                    special attention to the case.
                    After a long struggle, the battle was won. Dr. Kelly requested the business office to pass the
                    final bill to him for approval.
                    He looked at it, then wrote something on the edge and the bill was sent to her room. She
                    feared to open it, for she was sure it would take the rest of her life to pay for it all. Finally she
                    looked, and something caught her attention on the side of the bill.
                    She read these words.....
                    "Paid in full with one glass of milk"
                    (Signed) Dr. Howard Kelly
                    Tears of joy flooded her eyes as her happy heart prayed: "Thank You, God, that Your love has
                    spread abroad through human hearts and hands."
                    by unknown author

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                    X