Collapse
X

• فیلتر
  • زمان
  • نمایش
پاک کردن همه

• Each Day is A Gift: Ten Short Stories

Each Day is A Gift
    The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each
    morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and makeup perfectly
    applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.
    Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.
    After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled
    sweetly when told her room was ready.
    As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her
    tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window. "I love it,"
    she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with
    a new puppy.
    "Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... just wait."
    "That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied. "Happiness is something you
    decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the
    furniture is arranged, it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it.
    It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend
    the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no
    longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a
    gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy
    memories I've stored away, just for this time in my life."
    She went on to explain, "Old age is like a bank account, you withdraw from what
    you've put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the
    bank account of memories Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am
    still depositing."
    And with a smile, she said:
    "Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
    1.Free your heart from hatred.
    2. Free your mind from worries.
    3. Live simply.
    4. Give more.
    5. Expect less."
    Unknown Author
    کاغذ سفید را هر چقدر هم زیبا و تمیز باشد کسی قاب نمیگیرد...برای ماندگاری در ذهن ها باید حرفی برای گفتن داشت!!!

Things aren’t always what they seem
    Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family
    was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room.
    Instead the angels were given a space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the
    hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel
    asked why, the older angel replied... "Things aren't always what they seem".
    The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and
    his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed
    where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels
    found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income,
    lay dead in the field.
    The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel, "how could you have let this
    happen!? The first man had everything, yet you helped him," "The second family had little but
    was willing to share everything, and you let their cow die."
    "Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "When we stayed in the
    basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the
    owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so
    he wouldn't find it. Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for
    his wife. I gave her the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."
    Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you
    have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might
    not know it until some time later.
    Unknown Author
    کاغذ سفید را هر چقدر هم زیبا و تمیز باشد کسی قاب نمیگیرد...برای ماندگاری در ذهن ها باید حرفی برای گفتن داشت!!!

نظر

Trees that Wood

Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and
      dreams when the first tree said, "Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with
      gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would
      see the beauty."
      Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens
      across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of
      the strength of my hull."
      Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest.
      People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and
      God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will
      always remember me."
      After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came
      upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I
      should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter" ... and he began cutting it down. The tree was
      happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
      At the second tree a woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to
      the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a
      mighty ship.
      When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if
      they cut him down his dreams would not come true. One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need
      anything special from my tree so I'll take this one", and he cut it down.
      When the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was
      then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for. The
      second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and
      carrying kings had come to an end. The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in
      the dark. The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.
      Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby
      in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree. The man wished that he could
      have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the
      importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time. Years later,
      a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and
      went to sleep.
      While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong
      enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and said
      "Peace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings
      in its boat.
      Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people
      mocked the man who was carrying it. When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the
      tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill. When Sunday came, the tree came to realize
      that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was
      possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.
      The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that
      God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. Each of the
      trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined. We don't always know what
      God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always
      best.

نظر

It is

It's nice to know that you're secured with that someone. That even if the rain is pouring hard
        and the sky is almost dark, he'll never leave you just so you won't feel alone. Even if his friends
        had left him (and even if he has to be somewhere else) he'd still stay by your side, just so you
        won't feel alone.
        It's so good to know that you have someone who'll be willing to help you cope up in every
        frustrations you're having. Every depressing moments, every down moments, every
        self-worthless-realization moments, he'd be there, not because you want someone to be with
        you, but because he wants to be with you.
        It's great to know when a person appreciates every little thing you do. Even a smile would
        mean a lot to him, just because you own that smile. And that even if no words are expressed as
        long as the eyes understand, you'd be able to communicate, just like that.
        It's overwhelming when a person tells you that he loves you for who you are. He may not have
        an answer when you ask him why, but really, he doesn't have to have reasons for loving you.
        It's more grateful to know that someone is grateful to have you. We don't choose the people
        who enter our lives, so it must be luck that you have that person, then you have to be thankful.
        It may just be coincidence or fate, but whatever the reason is, you have to be thankful in having
        him the same way he is thankful for having you.
        It's a wonderful feeling when you're on the verge of giving up the things you've worked hard for,
        someone isn't just helping you carry the weight on your shoulders, but he carries it on his own
        because he'd also be in pain when you are in pain. And then you'll realize, trials would all be
        worth it as long as you have him, not because he would do things for you, but because you
        gather all the strength you need, in him and his love.
        It's a superb feeling when one is willing to take the risks just so you'll be happy. Unselfishness
        rule in him just so happiness would take over you.
        It's a nice feeling that when you're apart, and days seem to be long, that person misses you.
        Yes, you might feel bad about not being with each other, but knowing that you feel the same
        way would drive those blues away, thinking, you'd fight over that feeling because you're looking
        forward to seeing each other, and that's something to be happy about.
        It's a great feeling when he wants to be with you because of the happiness you have when
        you're together. That even if corny jokes and senseless stories are told, it won't matter as long
        as you're together.
        It's a lovely feeling when someone thinks about your future, with or without him. He cares and
        he cares enough to think of you and what you'll be someday. But of course, he also wants to
        be in it someday.
        It's a nice feeling when you can be who you really are with that person. No pretentions, no lies,
        no hypocrisy, because he accepts you for who you are. You can be funny, you can be
        embarrased, but it won't matter coz it doesn't matter to him. Trust and faith in each other keeps
        you alive. And it will always do.
        It's good to know that you have someone who'll not have the intentions of breaking your heart.
        Instead, he would be willing to mend it, picking up the broken pieces of your heart that your
        past love have scattered in the ground. He may not be able to put the pieces back to where
        they really belong, but you shouldn't mind, because he had repaired that heart of yours, and
        he fixed it in his own way. He loves you in his own way, not the way your past did. He fixed your
        heart in a different way, to keep you from feeling the pains of your past heartache and to make
        you feel, the love, that he's unselfishly giving.
        It's a great feeling when that person has every effort to let you feel what he feels for you.
        Because of the distractions, you may not hear him shout it to the world, but as long as you feel
        it, his efforts has paid off, big time. And when you feel the same way too... He'd feel as if he's
        the luckiest person alive.
        ... when in fact, you're more blessed to have him.
        Unknown Author

نظر

Heaven’s Grocery Store

As I was walking down life's highway
          many years ago
          I came upon a sign that read
          Heavens Grocery Store.
          When I got a little closer
          the doors swung open wide
          And when I came to myself
          I was standing inside.
          I saw a host of angels.
          They were standing everywhere
          One handed me a basket
          and said; "My child shop with care."
          Everything a human needed
          was in that grocery store
          And what you could not carry
          you could come back for more.
          First I got some Patience.
          Love was in that same row.
          Further down was Understanding,
          you need that everywhere you go.
          I got a box or two of Wisdom
          and Faith a bag or two.
          And Charity of course
          I would need some of that too.
          I couldn't miss the hope
          It was all over the place.
          And then some Strength
          and Courage to help me run this race.
          My basket was getting full
          but I remembered I needed Grace,
          And then I chose Friendship for
          Friendship was for free
          I tried to get enough of that to do
          for you and me.
          Then I started to the counter
          to pay my grocery bill,
          For I thought I had everything
          to do the Masters will.
          As I went up the aisle
          I saw Prayer and put that in,
          For I knew when I stepped outside
          I would run into sin.
          Peace and Joy were plentiful,
          the last things on the shelf.
          Song and Praise were hanging near
          so I just helped myself.
          Then I said to the angel
          "Now how much do I owe?"
          He smiled and said;
          "Just take them everywhere you go."
          Again I asked; "Really now,
          How much do I owe?"
          "My child;" he said,
          "God paid your bill
          a long long time ago."
          Unknown Author

نظر

Lessons learned

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the
            express purpose of showing him how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights
            on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
            On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, “How was the trip?”
            “It was great, Dad.”
            “Did you see how poor people live?” the father asked.
            “Oh yeah,” said the son.
            “So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?” asked the father.
            The son answered: “I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that
            reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported
            lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and
            they have the whole horizon.
            “We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.
            “We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
            “We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.”
            The boy’s father was speechless.
            Then his son added, “Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.”
            Unknown Author

نظر

The Barber Who Didn’t Believe

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cut as always. He started to have a
              good conversation with the barber who attended him. They talked about so many things and
              various subjects. Suddenly, they touched the subject of God. The barber said:
              "Look man, I don't believe that God exists as you say so."
              "Why do you say that?" asked the client. "Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street
              to realize that God does not exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
              Would there be abandoned children? If God exists, there would be no suffering nor pain. I can't
              think of a God who permits all of these things."
              The client stopped for a moment thinking but he didn't want to respond so as to prevent an
              argument. The barber finished his job and the client went out of the shop. Just after he left the
              barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a
              long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy).
              Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber:
              "know what? Barbers do not exist."
              "How come they don't exist?"-asked the barber. "Well I am here and I am a barber."
              "No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist because if they did there would be no people with
              long hair and beards like that man who walks in the street."
              "Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people do not come to us."
              "Exactly!"- affirmed the client. "That's the point. God does exist, what happens is people don't
              go to Him and do not look for Him that's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."
              unknown Author

نظر

The Real Meaning of peace

There once was a king who offered a prize to the artist who would paint the best picture of
                peace. Many artists tried. The king looked at all the pictures. But there were only two he really
                liked, and he had to choose between them.
                One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror for peaceful towering mountains
                all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought
                that it was a perfect picture of peace.
                The other picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry
                sky, from which rain fell and in which lightning played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled
                a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.
                But when the king looked closely, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in
                the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest. There, in the midst of the rush of angry
                water, sat the mother bird on her nest - in perfect peace.
                Which picture do you think won the prize? The king chose the second picture. Do you know
                why?
                "Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no
                noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still
                be calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."

نظر

The Most Important Question

During my second month of nursing school, our professor gave us a pop quiz..
                  I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one:
                  "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"
                  Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall,
                  dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name?
                  I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank..
                  Before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.
                  "Absolutely," said the professor. "In your careers you will meet many people. All are significant.
                  They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say 'hello'."
                  I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy..

نظر

Stone Soup - A story about Sharing

Many years ago three soldiers, hungry and weary of battle, came upon a small village. The
                    villagers, suffering a meager harvest and the many years of war, quickly hid what little they had
                    to eat and met the three at the village square, wringing their hands and bemoaning the lack of
                    anything to eat.
                    The soldiers spoke quietly among themselves and the first soldier then turned to the village
                    elders. "Your tired fields have left you nothing to share, so we will share what little we have: the
                    secret of how to make soup from stones."
                    Naturally the villagers were intrigued and soon a fire was put to the town's greatest kettle as
                    the soldiers dropped in three smooth stones. "Now this will be a fine soup", said the second
                    soldier; "but a pinch of salt and some parsley would make it wonderful!" Up jumped a villager,
                    crying "What luck! I've just remembered where some's been left!" And off she ran, returning
                    with an apronful of parsley and a turnip.
                    As the kettle boiled on, the memory of the village improved: soon barley, carrots, beef and
                    cream had found their way into the great pot.
                    They ate and danced and sang well into the night, refreshed by the feast and their new-found
                    friends.
                    In the morning the three soldiers awoke to find the entire village standing before them. At their
                    feet lay a satchel of the village's best breads and cheese. "You have given us the greatest of
                    gifts: the secret of how to make soup from stones", said an elder, "and we shall never forget."
                    The third soldier turned to the crowd, and said: "There is no secret, but this is certain: it is only
                    by sharing that we may make a feast". And off the soldiers wandered, down the road.
                    Author Unknown

نظر

صبر کنید ..
                    X